Career Opportunities - Legal Executive/Paralegal
- Reporting to the VP – Legal , the candidate will assist in all the Legal & Secretariat affairs of the Group’s regional businesses and companies;
- Manage record keeping for all legal-related correspondence and documentation including hard copy, soft copy and data room indices
- Key point of contact for all external corporate secretarial service providers for the Group on cost effective basis, and to coordinate corporate secretarial and legal matters across jurisdictions
- Interface and act as point of contact for external legal and notarial service providers
- Managing hard and soft copy data collection and retention, including, filing of such documents, in hard files, in internal servers, as well as virtual data rooms.
- Manage key drafting requirements for the legal function such as letters, NDAs, MOUs, and term sheets.
- Ensure that the Group’s activities are in compliance with all relevant procedures, laws and other governmental /regulatory requirements and adopt best practices where applicable
- Provide inputs on a broad spectrum of legal issues on the Group’s investment, business and operation activities worldwide, as well as review or draft contracts, letters, term sheets, resolutions, etc.
- Represent the legal function, set up and attend meetings / conference calls as required for discussions on key topics
- Be a team player but also able to work independently to resolve issues arising in areas of responsibility
- Other legal and compliance related work / projects as may be delegated
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law with minimum 2 years of working experience either in a law firm or an in-house role will be preferred. Candidates that have alternative qualifications such as diploma in law or other non-law degrees that possess or meet the key competencies stated as the primary and secondary functions above are welcome to apply.
- Ability to understand key requirements of tasks and to generate a response or result quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal with a problem-solving approach to close issues
- Meticulous with strong initiative as well as the ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work with minimum supervision to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent task management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise while dealing with multiple requirements simultaneously,
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision